TALK ABOUT ANNE FRANK AND OTHER THINGS

 TALK ABOUT ANNE FRANK AND OTHER THINGS

Hello, comrades!

I’ve just watched the second season of Anne Frank Diary Videos that made by Anne Frank House. The story was so sad and I think it’s one of the saddest written stories in the world. From this story, I can get that the world so cruel include the Nazi’s of course. I never imagined before that they were so cruel like that. In the concentration camps, there are a lot of Jews sadistically murdered. They got diseases, no food, no good clothes for the winter, etc. I feel this is not religion case/problem, this is about humanity! Why human can do that cruel thing to other humans? Can we still call them ‘human’? Ironic.

Well, I haven’t finished the book yet. I am still on page 68. Still not too sad because I'm just in the beginning. However, I’ve smelled the sense of life in the secret annex during the war. I also remember about war in Indonesia, not just in Hindia Belanda era, but also Nippon. So many tragedies life until now, in the bunkers, caves, or buildings that they left behind. I also remember about countries still in the war, like Palestine, Afghan, etc. There is no good things about war. Both countries got their victims. What the worst thing? Victims from children. Ah! I always never accepted that war takes their playing ages.

Perhaps you still can’t get what I talk about Anne Frank and how sad her story was, I can retell you. So, in World War 2, Hitler lead Germany and made a fascist party called Nazi. With his armies, he expands his territories to all of Europe. He hates the Jews as a minority and made a Holocaust program on it. Holocaust is a program that they can ‘take’ the Jews and bring them into concentration camps to work for war. We can say in Indonesia as kerja paksa or rodi. It was so terrible.

So, Anne Frank is a girl from Frank’s family. She had a beautiful sister, Margot. They live happily—but not ever after. Someday, they got a letter from Nazi that they want Margot to work in a concentration camp. We already knew the answer, of course Margot and Franks won’t. They decided to reject that horrible invitation and went into hiding. They hide in the secret annex at their dad’s office. After several days, the Van Daan family joined to hide. They had a child, Peter. Anne hates Peter because he is so quiet. Though, days after Anne and Peter both love each other. So cute.

After two years in the secret annex, their hiding place is known by Gestapo then. Gestapo take and brought two families: Frank and Van Daan, and put them in the concentration camp. The sad stories begin, Anne Frank stopped her writing on her diaries and work for war. She and her family were punished! Is it a fault that being Jews? Is it a fault that she and her family being a minority with their religion?

I can’t… It was too sad to tell.

Several days ago, I posted Anne Frank’s book in my Instagram feed. I feel a little bit afraid to comment or put some caption because maybe you already know about the relation between Muslim and jews. Furthermore, Palestine and Israel are still at war…

So, maybe we can stop talking about this because it includes a sensitive topic recently?

Fyi, I’m reading another book too. I’m interested with romanticism and light academia, so I try to read classical books. I’ve read Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott and now I read The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery. I fall in love with this book even in the first sentence!

Aku suka jalanan, karena jalanan selalu membuatku bertanya-tanya apa yang ada di ujungnya.

That’s good words, right?

I will read more classical books and buy more English novels to add my vocabularies. I also want to make my tongue being more fluent because sometimes, I read those paragraphs with aloud voices. Maybe this is my technique to learn English?

How about you, guys? What kind of technique that you use to learn English or another language? Tell me, alsjebelieft, so that I can adapt your techniques if I think that’s match for me, too.

Comments

Popular Posts